Learn a little more about Sunrise
What we Believe:
At Sunrise we believe that the role of the church is not bound by its walls. Our role as Christians is to do more than simply know Christ, but to bring Him with us into the world when we leave our campus. Our highest calling is to Love God and unite the lost with Him.
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, the basis for our belief and practice, and the supreme and final authority for all human conduct.
There is only one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all of our sin, died on the cross, rose from the dead, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father as our mediator and advocate. He will return personally and visibly in glory to the earth.
All people have sinned, and are separated from God. Only God’s grace in Christ can save a person from the just judgment of God. Every person needs salvation, which is offered freely to all who through faith accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. We embrace the 2000 ‘Baptist Faith and Message’ statement adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention as a guide to our faith and practice.
God had led Sunrise since our inception to rely mostly on lay people to lead the ministry. God has blessed us with awesome volunteer men and women who are leading and doing the ministry of Sunrise.
Our pastoral team is currently made up of part-time elders who provide shepherding, leadership, and teaching and preaching for the body. As a church body, we are committed to minister to both our fellowship and to those outside the walls of the church facilities.
Mission and Vision:
- Sunrise Church is a group of Christian disciples who are together committed to know Christ personally and to make Him known in our community.
- Our desire is to help every person take one step closer to Christ in our interactions and relationships. We also invest in church planting efforts to those we can’t touch personally with the gospel.
- We engage with our neighbors, co-workers, family, and community who don’t know Christ.
- We evangelize those who God is working in their lives and share the gospel whenever we can.
- We work to establish our own relationship with Christ and help others to grow in their faith and Christian walk.
- We equip those in the body of Christ to engage, evangelize, establish, and equip others.
Denomination and Alliances:
Although Sunrise is a free standing and fully independent church, Sunrise has chosen to associate with the Southern Baptist Convention. We actively engage with other local churches in the Bay Area Baptist Association, with other churches in the Baptist State Convention of Michigan
We also align ourselves with other like-minded churches and ministries to impact our community for the gospel.
- The Gospel Coalition
- Local Ministries in Midland County
Want More Info?
If you are looking for information about Sunrise – contact us here.